Rory Morgan grew up in Coquitlam, graduating from Simon Fraser University and then University of Victoria’s Law school in 1998. He joined Kane Shannon Weiler LLP’s Surrey office in January of 2021.
Rory has been practising law for over 20 years, with a major focus on personal injury and general litigation. His professional background includes partnerships in both a full service law firm and a firm specializing in personal injury. Rory has had major successes in representing clients with significant injuries, including brain, paraplegic, quadriplegic, orthopedic, chronic pain, PTSD, and depression.
Throughout the years, Rory has been a volunteer as a Director with the Surrey Board of Trade and other professional organizations including Access Pro Bono. He enjoys dedicating time to serve the public and the business community through events like the Ride to Conquer Cancer (2018, 2019 and counting).
Rory and his family continue to live in Coquitlam, and he enjoys exercising in his spare time. He has a passion for running and has completed the 2019 Chicago Marathon, 2020 New York City (virtual) and BMO Vancouver Marathons. Rory’s personal goal is to run the New York City Marathon in person, along with all Abbott World Major Marathons when such events resume.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY
- Surrey Board of Trade, Director
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia, Member
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Member of Access Pro Bono’s Lawyer Referral Service
- University of Victoria, Faculty of Law – Year 1998
- Simon Fraser University, Bachelor of Arts – Year 1995
- British Columbia, 1999
- ICBC refused to accept that a broken wrist could result in significant future income loss: Ozeer v. Young, 2015 BCSC 542
- ICBC refused to accept that a car accident could cause a tear in the hip muscle: Macdonald v. Hazel, 2012 BCSC 2079
- ICBC refused to accept that an older plaintiff is entitled to dignity and fair compensation: Morgan v. Bhathal, 2012 BCSC
We are ready to help you
Get in touch with our experienced legal advisors today! We are here to support you or your business.