Areas of practice
Peter McCrank was born and raised in Regina, Saskatchewan. He attended McGill University in Montreal where he completed his Bachelor of Commerce degree in 1996, concentrating in Finance & Entrepreneurship. He was also a member of the McGill Redmen varsity football team. Mr. McCrank then moved to the west coast to attend the University of British Columbia for his Bachelor of Laws degree and graduated in 1999. He articled with Kane, Shannon & Weiler before being admitted to the British Columbia Bar in August, 2000. Mr. McCrank became a partner of Kane, Shannon & Weiler in 2010.
Mr. McCrank is a member of the Law Society of British Columbia. He has completed Parts I & II of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants in Depth Tax Course.
Mr. McCrank lives in the White Rock area with his wife and three children. Away from the office, he coaches youth football and volunteers in his children’s various activities. He enjoys hockey, ultimate, golf and hiking in his spare time.
Mr. McCrank’s areas of practice include:
– Advising clients on business acquisitions and sales, including both asset transactions and share transactions
– Assisting clients on the sale and purchase of commercial real estate
– Advising both borrowers and institutional lenders on all aspects of commercial loans, including the preparation of loan security documentation for simple to complex financings
– Advising on and drafting of various commercial agreements, including purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements, partnership agreements, joint venture agreements, franchise agreements and commercial lease agreements
– Advising clients on tax efficient business structures and succession planning for their business and real estate holdings
– Corporate reorganizations, amalgamations, mergers and wind-ups
– Assisting individual and corporate clients in appealing tax reassessments for income tax, GST, payroll and Property Transfer Tax
- British Columbia, 2000
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
University of British Columbia, Faculty of Law, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- LL.B., Bachelor of Laws – 1999
McGill University, Montreal
- Bachelor of Commerce – 1996
- Major: Finance & Entrepreneurship
We are ready to help you
Get in touch with our experienced legal advisors today! We are here to support you or your business.