MICHAEL J. WEILER
Mike often counsels “When you throw a rock in the pond you cannot simply look at the splash zone—you must anticipate and consider the ripples.” It is important to not only help you out of the problems you now face but help you anticipate and respond to the problems you will encounter.
Experience means your lawyer appears regularly before arbitrators, the B.C. Labour Relations Board, the Canada Industrial Relations Board, the B.C. and federal Employment Standards Branch and Tribunals, the federal and provincial Human Rights Tribunals and commissions, WorkSafeBC and the WCAT as well as appearing before the BC Supreme Court and the Court of Appeal.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY
- Labour Law Section, Canadian Bar Association
- Policy Review Committee, BC Chamber of Commerce
- Employers Forum
- Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of Access Pro Bono’s Lawyer Referral Service
- York University, Osgoode Hall Law School
Bachelor of Laws – LLB – 1976
- University of Toronto
B.A. (Honours), Philosophy – 1973
- British Columbia, 1977
- Let’s Talk: Questions about COVID-19, the Workplace & Your Business Webinar – April, 2020
- Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce Virtual Townhall – “Your Top 10 Questions Answered: Human Resources & COVID-19”, April 2020
- “Art of Hiring”: Surrey Civic Hotel, January 2020
- “Employment Standards Act Amendments”: Surrey Civic Hotel, November 2019
CPHR BC & Yukon – PeopleTalk Online Magazine – Fundamentals Of Hiring — Avoid Negligent Misrepresentations (Oct. 2020)
We are ready to help you
Get in touch with our experienced legal advisors today! We are here to support you or your business.