Christopher C Godwin
Chris Godwin is a graduate of the University of British Columbia in both Pharmacy and Law and has a Masters Degree in Law from the University of Cambridge, England. He has been a member of the British Columbia Bar since 1987 and is qualified as a Solicitor for England and Wales.
Mr. Godwin is also a licensed pharmacist in British Columbia. His experience in legal practice is in the area of civil litigation with emphasis on general contractual litigation, professional discipline, insolvency matters, landlord and tenant litigation, intellectual property disputes, personal injury claims and Canadian immigration and citizenship claims and appeals. Mr. Godwin regularly acts as counsel to the Coroner on inquests held in British Columbia.
Mr. Godwin practiced as a pharmacist at St. Paul's Hospital in Vancouver. Mr. Godwin articled with the Vancouver law firm of Bull, Housser & Tupper where he also practiced from 1987 to 1994. He joined Baker Newby LLP as an Associate in 1994 and was a Partner from 1998 until joining our firm in April 2012. Mr. Godwin is a member of the Canadian, Vancouver and Fraser Valley Bar Associations, and is a member of the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
Mr. Godwin is also a member of the Law Society of England and Wales and the Old Darwinian's Society of the University of Cambridge. He has acted as Secretary and a member of the Board of Meadowridge School in Maple Ridge, President and a member of the Board of the Chilliwack Curling Club and was also Secretary and a member of the Board of Black Mountain Ranch in Deming, WA. He is presently an active member of the Human Research Ethics Board of the University of the Fraser Valley. Mr. Godwin enjoys golf, kayaking, squash, curling and cricket.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- British Columbia, 1987
- University of British Columbia, Faculty of Law, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- J.D. - 1986
- Faculty of Law, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, England
- Master of Laws - 1980
- Honours: With High Honors
- University of British Columbia - 1980
- Major: Pharmacy
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association
- Vancouver Bar Association
- Fraser Valley Bar Association
- College of Pharmacists of British Columbia
Past Employment Positions
- Baker Newby LLP, Partner, 1998 - 2012
- Baker Newby LLP, Associate, 1994 - 1998
- Bull, Housser & Tupper, Associate, 1987 - 1994
- St. Paul's Hospital, Vancouver, Pharmacist, 1980 - 1986