Mr. Zacharias grew up in Chilliwack. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from Simon Fraser University in 2004, and received his Bachelor of Laws from University of Alberta in 2008. While attending law school, Mr. Zacharias won the inter-school Client Counselling Competition. He was then part of the University of Alberta team in the American Bar Association Client Counselling Competition. He was also the recipient of the Maritime Law Book Award in recognition of first place standing in Professional Responsibility. After graduation, he gained invaluable trial experience acting as ad hoc counsel for the Federal Crown.
Mr. Zacharias is currently a member of the Chilliwack Fraser Rotary Club. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Chilliwack Hospice Society. He is a past Secretary and President for the Chilliwack Bar Association.
In his spare time, Mr. Zacharias enjoys spending time with his family, playing hockey, travelling, and weightlifting.
- University of Alberta, Faculty of Law, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- LL.B., Bachelor of Laws - 2008
- Honours: Winner, Client Counselling Competition
- Honours: University of Alberta team in the American Bar Association Client Counselling Competition
- Honours: Maritime Law Book Award
- Simon Fraser University
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2004
- Major: Philosophy
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chilliwack Bar Association, Past Secretary and President
Pro Bono Activities
- Member, Chilliwack Fraser Rotary Club
- Member, Board of Directors of the Chilliwack Hospice Society