News & Events
February 4 2021
NEWS & PAST EVENTS
We are proud of the communities we have the privilege to support and are committed to their growth and vibrancy. Our team members are involved and support a wide variety of professional, charitable, environmental, service and cultural organizations.
- KSW Lawyers is recognized as one of Langley’s Top Legal Firms in the 2020 Readers’ Choice Awards by Langley Advance Times
- KSW Lawyers are proud supporters and sponsors of the 2020 Fort Langley Jazz and Arts Festival.
- Kane Shannon Weiler LLP successfully applies for Benefit Company status for clients, Light Trail Consulting Ltd. This was the first application for Benefit Company designation in British Columbia and Canada. Read more.
- Employers and employees can now submit a joint application to extend a temporary layoff through the Employment Standards Branch (ESB) by August 25, 2020 to receive a decision by August 30, 2020. This is done through a variance to the Employment Standards Act. Employers%20and employees can now submit a joint application to extend a temporary layoff through the Employment Standards Branch (ESB) by August 25, 2020 to receive a decision by August 30, 2020. This is done through a variance to the Employment Standards Act. Read More and Apply here.
- The Federal Government announced on July 13 that CEWS will be extended into December. This is the second extension of the wage subsidy program. Finance Minister Bill Morneau suggested last week that as health restrictions roll back and more companies reopen, more people would shift from the CERB to the wage subsidy. Read more here.
- Kane Shannon Weiler LLP featured in Canadian Lawyer Magazine article Roundup of law firm resources on COVID-19: June 5 update, for sharing our insights on how to deal with the rapidly evolving economic and legal landscape due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Read more.
- Kane Shannon Weiler LLP co-hosts Getting Back to the Business webinar with Chris Dyck, CPA with Avisar, and Matt Redshaw, Raymond James Wealth Management. Some of the topics covered included WorkSafeBC workplace safety compliance, Covid-19 Safety Plans, unsafe condition work refusals, and layoffs. Read more.
- Kane Shannon Weiler LLP featured in the Spring Issue (April – June 2020) of the Signals Magazine, a publication for members and friends of the New Car Dealers Association of BC. In his article, Mike Weiler shares his expertise on how recent changes to the Labour Relations Code make it easier to unionize. Read more here.
- Kane Shannon Weiler LLP hosts a webinar with New Car Dealers Association of BC for members and friends, addressing current CEWS, CERB and other COVID19 related issues. The questions asked by attendees and answers are available on our Blog. Read more.
- Winter Seminar Series
KSW Lawyers finish their three-part winter series presentations on: Recent Amendments to the Labour Relations Code, Employment Standards Act Amendments, and The Art of Hiring. Read More.
- KSW Lawyers records a podcast with DFI Forensics on Law, Workplace Disputes and Digital Forensics. Listen here: https://anchor.fm/dfiforensics/episodes/Employment-Lawyer-Chris-Drinovz-Discusses-Law–Workplace-Disputes-and-Digital-Forensics-e4ld0j/a-am7de2
We are ready to help you
Get in touch with our experienced legal advisors today! We are here to support you or your business.